Unless we obtain your written consent, we will not sell, disclose, licence or rent your personal information to a third party for that third party’s marketing purposes. Please refer to sections 5 and 6 for further information about how we may use or disclose your personal information.
“Personal information” means information that can be associated with a specific person and can be used to identify that person and includes your Information. Information that has been made anonymous or aggregated so that it cannot be used, whether in combination with other information or otherwise, to identify a specific user is not personal information.
3. How We Collect Your Personal Information
We collect personal information in a number of ways, including:
- when you interact with us by phone, electronically or in person;
- when you use this Website or our social media;
- when you subscribe to our publications;
- from third parties such our service providers, operators of linked websites, applications and advertising on the Website; and
- when we provide our services to you.
4. What Personal Information We Collect
- Your name, phone number, email address, physical address and other contact information;
- Financial information such as credit card or bank account numbers;
- Records and content of communications with us or any other person including when using Website communication tools;
- Personal information based on your activities on the Website;
- Information about the services you have ordered;
- Information from enquiries you have made;
- To the extent permitted by law, other personal information provided by or obtained from third parties (such as a credit bureau) including navigation and demographic data and credit check information;
- personal information from your interaction with the Website and its content and advertising, including device identifiers, device type, geo-location information, connection information, statistics on page views, traffic to and from the Website, mobile network information, time, date, referring URL, the type of operating system and browser, ad data, IP address and standard web log data.
5. How personal information is used
Our principal purpose in collecting, using and storing your personal information is to provide you with access to and use of the Website in a personalised, safe and efficient manner. You consent to us collecting, using, storing and sharing your personal information to:
- provide our services;
- respond to requests or queries;
- notify you about changes to our services and industry developments;
- verify your identity;
- for administrative purposes, including processing payment transactions;
- supply you with generalised, targeted or personalised marketing, advertising and promotional notices, offers and communications based on your preferences;
- research, develop and improve our services; and
- technical maintenance.
If you do not provide us with the personal information we have requested, we may not be able to complete or fulfil the purpose for which such information was collected, including providing you with the services we were engaged to perform.
6. Third parties
The types of third parties to whom we may disclose your personal information include:
- To our services providers who assist us to provide its services such as information technology providers and marketing advisers (including in relation to fee collection, fraud investigations and Website operations);
- To comply with any applicable law, request by a governmental agency or regulatory authority or legally binding court order;
- To protect the rights, property or personal safety of any member of the public;
- Where we reasonably believe that the use or disclosure is reasonably necessary for prevention, investigation, prosecution and punishment of crimes or wrongdoings or the preparation for, conduct of, proceedings before any court or tribunal or the implementation of the orders of a court or tribunal by or on behalf of an enforcement body.
- To our directors, staff, contractors, professional advisers and related entities;
- To third parties to whom you expressly ask us to send, or consent to us sending, your personal information;
- To credit agencies (including regarding missed and late payments or other defaults or breaches on your account); or
7. Links – Social Media
We are not responsible for the privacy practices of other businesses or the content of websites that are linked to this Website.
We encourage users to be aware when they leave the site and to read the privacy statements of each and every website that collects personally identifiable information.
8. Storage and security
We will endeavour to take all reasonable steps to protect the personal information you may transmit to us or from our online products and services. Once we do receive your transmission, we will also make our best efforts to ensure its security on our systems.
We also require our employees and data processors to respect the confidentiality of any personal information held by us.
No data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100 per cent secure. As a result, while we strive to protect user’s personal information, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information transmitted to it or from its online products or services, and users do so at their own risk.
You also may encounter Cookies used by third parties and placed on certain pages of the Website that we do not control and have not authorised (such as webpages created by another user). We are not responsible nor liable for the use of such Cookies.
11. Accessing and amending your personal information
We are committed to maintaining accurate, timely, relevant and appropriate information about our customers and Website users.
If, at any time, you discover that information held about you is incorrect or out of date, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org have the information corrected.
In addition, our employees and the contractors who provide services related to our information systems are obliged to respect the confidentiality of any personal information held by us.
12. Opting out
You may opt out of receiving our newsletter, marketing, advertising and promotional notices, offers and communications by communicating this to us in writing at the email address below.
If you wish to have your personal information deleted, please email us at email@example.com and we will take all reasonable steps to delete it (unless we need to keep it for legal, auditing or internal risk management reasons).
If you have any complaints about our privacy practices, please feel free to send in details of your complaints to firstname.lastname@example.org or PO BOX 67 Brunswick East 3057. We take complaints very seriously and will investigate your complaint and attempt to resolve any breach that might have occurred in relation to the collection, use or destruction of personal information held by us about you in accordance with the Commonwealth Privacy Legislation.
If you are not satisfied with the outcome of your complaint, you can refer your complaint to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner.
14. Contact Us
PO Box: PO BOX 67 Brunswick East 3057
Contact: APX Project Management System Administrator